[yocto] Fwd: misleading dependencies between packages

Jegan Chandru pcjegan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 01:00:50 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM, JC <jc at vtkloud.com> wrote:

>  Hi JCP
>
> Thanks for your information, here are the next questions:
>
> libuuid is provided by util-linux. Check in meta/recipes-core/util-linux
> for more details.
>
>   r3 is PR that util-linux has in dylan 9.0.1. Unless you change the PR,
> it will be r3 only. I am not sure how you end up with r5.
> May be you need to (re)build util-linux if you need libuuid. Also You
> should check with the dependencies,
> I see apr package which depends on util-linux.
>

> Just to make sure, I did :
> bitbake util-linux -c cleanall
> bitbake util-linux
>
> It will try to fetch:
> 0: util-linux-2.22.2-r5 do_fetch (pid 2420)
>
> Which explains why I end up with a -r5 package

Its strange. Which version of dylan are u using? Is there any possiblity
that you set PR somewhere in any conf files, say bitbake.conf/local.conf?
I am using dylan-9.0.1 and am not getting r5. or you have 2 versions of
util-linux bb files?

This is what I get,
Waiting for 1 running tasks to finish:
0: util-linux-2.22.2-r3 do_fetch (pid 7296)

> Looking at util-linux.inc, I see it tries to download the
> SRC_URI =
> "${KERNELORG_MIRROR}/linux/utils/util-linux/v${MAJOR_VERSION}/util-linux-${PV}.tar.bz2
> \
>

> So ${PV} is set somewhere else to r5, but not in this package. I don't
> know why/how it is fixed to something else. Could it be an issue like PV is
> set by another package, and not reset? Otherwise I can't figure how it
> comes out as "r5".

Not really..no..! PV comes from bb name as in util-linux_2.22.2.bb, so it
is 2.22.2. For PR, Unless you set that variable yourself somewhere, bitbake
will not try to replace it. So please grep/check for PR in your dylan dir,
anywhere you set it.

> In the bb file I have ${PR} set to "r3". May be it should be what SRC_URI
> uses?

PR not used in SRC_URI only PV for fetching the correct package version.