[yocto] Yocto + QT: python lost modules

Jose Mª Ferreiro jose.ferreiro at horus.es
Mon Sep 9 09:30:26 PDT 2013

Hello

We have compiled meta-toolchain-qt on a Yocto dylan configured for iMX6 sabre lite board. We can compile and run QT applications locally and on the remote target. The problem comes with the debugger. We can start it and put breakpoints, but variables are not showed in the QT environment.

QT is launching python commands to represent the variables but some commands fails because the python compiled for meta-toolchain-qt is not complete (module subprocces is no included, for example).

We have compiled another image from this same dylan, fsl-image-gui, that has a complete python in it. We tried to see what the difference is between the two images, but I can not find the reference to python on fsl-image-gui.

I found only one reference to this problem at OpenEmbeded. It got solved there adding several lines to python-setuptools_0.6c11.bb recipe:

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "\
   python-distutils \
   python-subprocess \
   python-compression \
"

RDEPENDS_${PN}_class-native = "\
   python-distutils \
   python-compression \
"

but i did the change and nothing changed. Any idea why has it not worked? Any other better way to do it?

Thanks and best regards,

jose