[yocto] Problems with Hungarian locale and eglibc-2.18

Kovesdi Gyorgy kgy at teledigit.eu
Sat Sep 7 13:44:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

I built a recent Poky with eglibc-2.18 on my Beagleboard-C4.

I don't know if this is the proper mailing list for this question, bu at least
i could not find any eglibc-related mailing list. Please tell me if there is
any.

I installed eglibc-binary-localedata-hu-hu and found a very strange behavior
of the functions towupper() and towlower(). All Hungarian-specific characters
are converted correctly, except the character 'Ö/ö'. If i exit the
application, and start it second time, only the ASCII characters are converted
correcly (until next reboot). I have never seen such behavior and i can't
imagine what can be wrong (config/install problem, missing package, bug in
eglibc, etc). Any help would be appreciated.
Running the same code on my desktop works perfectly.

Thanx in advance
György Kövesdi