[yocto] libtool problem?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Sep 6 01:25:54 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 17:44 +0200, Hans Beckérus wrote:
> I have now prepared a patch that will fix this problem i Yocto. Since
> no one (so far) commented on this issue I interpreted the silence as
> that nothing has been done about this bug.

I think that coming up to release, we've all be focusing on that. Once
you'd identified a specific issue like this, filing a bug report in the
bugzilla can be a good way of getting people's attention, particularly
when you have a patch.

The key question is the help message:

 --with-libtool-sysroot=DIR Search for dependent libraries within DIR
                       (or the compiler's sysroot if not specified).

so yes, this sounds like a genuine bug in libtool. Would you like to
send a patch to the OE-Core mailing list which adds your patch, along
with a description of the problem in the commit messages, a proper patch
header (description and Upstream-Status:) and signed-off-by line?

If you do, I think we'll likely include it. If not, it will need to wait
for someone to turn this into a full commit which might take a little
longer but it does look like a good change.

Cheers,

Richard