[yocto] [OE-core] OpenEmbedded Layer Index updated

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 01:04:07 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 01:10:47AM +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> As always, feedback is welcome.

Great job!

One more suggestion (maybe I've overlooked it):

It would be nice to be able to search recipe across all branches
(including oe-classic)

e.g. if someone asks me to include ace in our builds I would like to
just search for ace, like:
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/?q=ace

and find it's not in master/dylan/danny, but that it still is in
oe-classic
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/oe-classic/recipe/13881/

Now I have to run the same search in 2-4 different branches to be sure
there isn't recipe for ace already.

In many cases we can assume that if something isn't in master then it
isn't in danny/dylan, but that's not true for e.g. mysql5 which should
correctly show availability in oe-classic/danny/dylan (and master has
mariadb).

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com