[yocto] adding specific config files

JC jc at vtkloud.com
Wed Sep 4 11:58:47 PDT 2013

Hi,

In my project, we have our own rpm repository and we use smartpm on the
target.
In order to have the target setup with the repo out of the box, we of
course have added "package-management" in IMAGE_FEATURES. Now I'd like
the target to have our repo address already configured.

The best way I found was to create a recipe in my overlay and hacking
the system a little bit this way :
do_install() {
    if
${@base_contains('IMAGE_FEATURES','package-management','true','false',d)};
then
         install -d ${D}/${sysconfdir}
         install -m 644 ${WORKDIR}/config.in ${D}/var/lib/smart/config
    fi
}

where "config.in" is a simple copy of the non-human readable version of
smartpm config file, generated manually on the target.

I was wondering if there would be a better way such as do not test in
the do_install, but rather make the recipe dependent on the
"package-management" image feature ? (so that do_install wouldn't even
be considered if the option is not set), or any other smarter idea.

Thanks a lot,

Regards
Jay