[yocto] libtool problem?

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 03:03:44 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Hans Beckérus <hans.beckerus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM, JC <jc at vtkloud.com> wrote:
>> On 04/09/2013 11:24, Hans Beckérus wrote:

>>> The '='-sign is still a mystery to me. But it does not seem to matter
>>> much.
>>> If I configure my packages (built from the SDK toolchain) using
>>>
>>> '--with-libtool-sysroot=/home/toolchain/sysroots/cortexa9-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/'
>>> it works! But should that really be needed? Is the path to be used by
>>> libtool not supposed to be automatically resolved to point at the
>>> toolchain sysroot in cross-compilation environment?
>>

>> In my case '--with-libtool-sysroot' is correctly resolved by the SDK setup,
>> but ./configure complains it does not recognize it, so I end up not being
>> able to test generated (dynamically linked) binaries. The common "hello
>> world" template says it cannot find ld-linux, and indeed it's in the path of
>> libtool-sysroot.
>>
>> Googling it did not helped me to resolve the issue :(
>>
> Yes, in my case the script sourced also resolves the path correct to
> CONFIGURE_FLAGS, but that is not automatically used by a generated
> configure script is it!? I guess that is why I need to add it manually
> each time. You should not to do that, or?

According to generated 'configure' the option should not be needed.

  --with-libtool-sysroot=DIR Search for dependent libraries within DIR
                        (or the compiler's sysroot if not specified).

So, if --with-libtool-sysroot is not set it should pick it up from
whatever the compiler is using.
That does not seem to work :(