[yocto] libtool problem?

JC jc at vtkloud.com
Wed Sep 4 02:36:48 PDT 2013

On 04/09/2013 11:24, Hans Beckérus wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Hans Beckérus <hans.beckerus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi. I recently discovered that our populated SDK can not properly
>> build much at all :(
>> libtool complains about .la files that have been moved and not being
>> able to find dito.
>> The rootfs builds fine however. What I did noticed was that in our .la
>> files we get lines like this:
>>
>> dependency_libs=' =/usr/lib/libxcb.la =/usr/lib/libXau.la =/usr/lib/libXdmcp.la'
>>
>> Is that '='-sign really supposed to be there? Is that why many builds
>> fails to properly locate the .la files?
>>
> The '='-sign is still a mystery to me. But it does not seem to matter much.
> If I configure my packages (built from the SDK toolchain) using
> '--with-libtool-sysroot=/home/toolchain/sysroots/cortexa9-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/'
> it works! But should that really be needed? Is the path to be used by
> libtool not supposed to be automatically resolved to point at the
> toolchain sysroot in cross-compilation environment?

In my case '--with-libtool-sysroot' is correctly resolved by the SDK
setup, but ./configure complains it does not recognize it, so I end up
not being able to test generated (dynamically linked) binaries. The
common "hello world" template says it cannot find ld-linux, and indeed
it's in the path of libtool-sysroot.

Googling it did not helped me to resolve the issue :(

Jay