[yocto] header file missing in populated SDK

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:56:29 PDT 2013

Hi. We are having some issues figuring out why one of our header files
fails to be installed properly into the SDK. The header file is
currently installed using a few lines in one of our recipe:

do_install_append() {
        install -m 0644 ${S}/foo.h
${STAGING_DIR}/${MACHINE}${includedir}/linux/foo.h
}

foo.h ends up ok in our build/tmp/sysroots, but it does not make it to the SDK.
Is our do_install_append wrong in some way, does it have to be updated
to support SDK builds? Maybe it is wrong to use ${MACHINE} here?

Thanks.
Hans