[yocto] Embedded Linux with Xenomai support

Asier atamayoarbide at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:26:28 PDT 2013

Thank you for all your answers.

As Robert Berger wrote, Xenomai is a patch that you need to apply to the
kernel and then compile it. I haven't done it yet, but I think there might
be some difficulty if patching an already patched kernel. Is this the case
in the Yocto distributions?

Building the userland stuff may also be quite ardous.

> Out of curiosity, what sort of real-time requirements do you have?

I want hard real-time. Really, it might be enough with soft real-time, but
I don't want to take the risk. The real-time system has a 1ms period.

> ELDK adds full Xenomai support starting with release v5.4 (...)
> ELDK primarily supports ARM, MIPS and Power architectures.  We didn't
> test the Xenomai stuff on x86 yet.

Wolfgang, do you plan to support x86 architecture?

I'll ask Denx, as well as Wind River and Enea about Xenomai and x86 support
for their Linux distributions. If I get through something, I'll let you
know.

Best regards,

Asier