[yocto] Getting a relocate_sdk.py issue when installing a sdk on Centos

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:04:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

I tried to research this issue I'm seeing but hit a bunch of noise.  I
generated a Yocto 1.5 sdk with my image and -c populate_sdk for i686.  When
a collegue tries to install the sdk on his Centos box with Python 2.6.7, he
gets:

sudo ./poky-eglibc-i686-core-image-wcs-armv7a-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.5.sh

Enter target directory for SDK (default: /opt/poky/1.5):

The directory "/opt/poky/1.5" already contains a SDK for this architecture.

If you continue, existing files will be overwritten! Proceed[y/N]?y

Extracting SDK...done

Setting it up...  File "/opt/poky/1.5/relocate_sdk.py", line 34

    old_prefix = re.compile(b"/opt/poky/1\.5")

                                            ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

SDK could not be set up. Relocate script failed. Abort!

So I'm kind of scratching my head.  Then I think hey this is a 64 bit
machine, maybe the x86_64 SDK will work so then I crank one of those out
and after blowing away the stuff in /opt/poky/1.5 and running the install
script with the 64bit SDK version we see the same error.

One post I did see was Jason Wessel & Richard talking about some
chicken/egg problem with certain versions of Python
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=c160a982551f5d6186081daa8fa20682fd7fae17but
the version mentioned was 2.4.x and my collegue has 2.6.7.

Is there some base set of packages that a machine needs to use the SDK
generated by -c populate_sdk?

I'm kind of at a loss as to why this works on some machines but not others.

Regards,

Brian