[yocto] SRCREV how is it supposed to work?

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 04:46:18 PDT 2013

Hi. I am wondering if we are using SRCREV wrong somehow.
Is it expected that if we use SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}", that any changes
to the remote should be automatically detected and downloaded/fetched?
I can no see that this is actually what happens. Any changes made to
the remote still need to be manually fetched or indirectly by stepping
the recipe revision.
Are we using SRCREV wrong or is this actually the way it is supposed
to work? Also, is there some way to force a download to me made every
single time by a recipe,
irrespective of if the remote changed or not?

Thanks.
Hans