[yocto] yocto-dora problems building python

João Henrique Freitas joaohf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 03:38:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

> python build system is very stubborn and does not respect cross
> compilation many times. You might have uncovered some case
> that hasnt been seen yet.  You should put your build logs for python
> somewhere so we can take a look and understand better
> whats going on

I found in my $HOME a directory named .local. Inside this there was a
python local installation. Previously I used to install a python package
there. So I removed the $HOME/.local and the build got working again.

To figure out this I created another user on my ubuntu installation and
tryed to run my build, using the $HOME of the new user. Bitbake didn't
complain anymore.

The $HOME/.local had this directory struct:

/home/jfreitas/./local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
/home/jfreitas/./local/bin

Is possible that python is seeing some files from .local?

The libxml2-native has the same problem. Both (libxml2-native and python)
complains about Python.h header file not found.

PS:

I was thinking that the problem was Ubuntu version. But this is not true.

Thanks.
--
João Henrique Ferreira de Freitas - joaohf_at_gmail.com
Campinas-SP-Brasil