[yocto] yocto-kernel issue.

Houkes, Bart bart.houkes at sogeti.nl
Sat Oct 26 10:28:14 PDT 2013

Hi friends,

Currently I enabled the TVP5150 device driver in the kernel by using:
 bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel
switch on  <*> Texas Instruments TVP5150 video decoder
and rebuild a kernel with > bitbake core-image-minimal

I want to see if this device is correct in the new kernel and want to see where it is inserted. i suspect virtual/kernel may be the wrong name.
For checking modules I want to use   yocto-kernel feature list  build-atmel

But this crashes... actually most commands with yocto-kernel are crashing. I tried also to add the path to the BSP.

I get following errors:
> yocto-kernel feature list  build-atmel
Unable to find the BSP layer for machine build-atmel.
Please make sure it is listed in bblayers.conf

or i get:
>  yocto-kernel feature list /home/mensfort/workspace_poky/poky/build-atmel
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mensfort/workspace_poky/poky/scripts/yocto-kernel", line 394, in <module>
    ret = main()
  File "/home/mensfort/workspace_poky/poky/scripts/yocto-kernel", line 389, in main
    invoke_subcommand(args, parser, yocto_kernel_help_usage, subcommands)
  File "/home/mensfort/workspace_poky/poky/scripts/lib/bsp/help.py", line 73, in invoke_subcommand
    subcommands.get(args[0], subcommand_error)[0](args[1:], usage)
  File "/home/mensfort/workspace_poky/poky/scripts/yocto-kernel", line 182, in yocto_kernel_feature_list_subcommand
    yocto_kernel_feature_list(scripts_path, args[0])
  File "/home/mensfort/workspace_poky/poky/scripts/lib/bsp/kernel.py", line 594, in yocto_kernel_feature_list
    features = read_features(scripts_path, machine)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'readlines'

Who has a clue?  thanks ahead.

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.