[yocto] telnetd is not running with "core-image-basic"

Amit Kumar Amit.Kumar at lntinfotech.com
Fri Oct 25 22:17:20 PDT 2013

Hi,
     I tried to run the telnetd with "core-image-basic". I follow up the following step to enable the telnetd support in my layer.
I have build the latest inetutils recipe with my layer, the latest version of inteutils is "intetutils_1.9.1". I have build the packages successful.
But the telnetd is not available in my "core-image-basic". When i run the the image under QEMU, there is no telnetd under "/usr/sbin/" or "/usr/bin".
It's not present at all.

I have also tried to add the "initscript-telnetd" refer from meta-arago. But not succeed.

Please guild me- how can i will get it with my core-image-basic image. Am i missing any step here for that?

Thanks & Regards
Amit K

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and  using or disseminating the information,  and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"