[yocto] problems with yocto eclipse ADT and beaglebone

Larry Weaver LW at LWConsulting.com
Fri Oct 25 07:13:06 PDT 2013

The system is the kepler release with the Yocto kepler 1.5 plugin (the Yocto manual says to use 1.6, but that doesn’t seem to exist).  I’m setting things up totally from the manual and  it says to use the tcf-agent with the Yocto plugin for eclipse kepler (also has some juno information, but says kepler is preferred).  Hopefully you saw my second email where I sorted out the tcf-agent by setting up the beagleboard to compile and then compiled it on the board.  It is now working except for one problem.  When I tell the system to start it on system start up, it only works for about 5 minutes.  Eclipse suddenly loses contact with it.  If I putty over and start it up again it works until I terminate the putty session.  I’m running the youto angstrom distribution on the beaglebone.

Now the problem I have left is the build derived toolchain not finding any subdirectory with the meta-ide-support information in it.  I will figure out how to do the bugzilla later today.

Thanks,

Larry

From: Zhang, Jessica [mailto:jessica.zhang at intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:43 PM
To: Larry Weaver; 'Yocto discussion list'
Subject: RE: [yocto] problems with yocto eclipse ADT and beaglebone

Hi Larry,

Is it latest eclipse plug-in you’re using is the 1.5 release?  I’d expect our QA should test the scenario of build derived toolchain usage case and reported issue.  Anyhow, I’m traveling atm and will try to reproduce the issue when I’m back in office next week.

2nd issue for requirement of tcf-agent, I don’t think we require that to be mandatory, we’ve been supporting both ssh and tcf connection for remote debugging for quite some time.  My question is what eclipse version are you using? It’s not Yocto eclipse plug-in but the eclipse IDE itself, Juno or Kepler? If you install Yocto kepler plugin into Juno IDE, then that’ll definitely have some unpredictable behavior. Also, what is your remote target that you tried to debug against, real HW or qemu instance?  And what image are you booted remote target with? E.g. core-image-minimal or core-image-sato-sdk, etc.  You said you had previous success with eclipse plugin prior to upgrade to latest kepler release, what is the prior setup that has been working for you?

The ML is the right venue to report issues and seek quick responses, but given the fact that the issues you’re reporting need some further investigation, could you please  file bugs in our bugzilla to better track these issues?

Thanks,

Jessica