[yocto] BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS / BAD_RECOMMENDS not working

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 06:58:19 PDT 2013

BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS work only for packages which are installed because
something has them in RRECOMMENDS, if your custom image has qt-demo-init in
IMAGE_INSTALL or pulled by RDEPENDS in some variable, than it won't be
removed (and shouldn't be).

Use bitbake -g to see why and how it's pulled to your image.