[yocto] uimage instead of zImage

Edward Vidal vidal.develone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:22:48 PDT 2013

Hello,
My 2nd partition on the mmc is linux ext3.
This is what I have been using to transfer the rootfs to my mmc tar jxvf
beagleboard/core-image-minimal-beagleboard-20131024171447.rootfs.tar.bz2

Did something change since the 21 st of last month.   Testing dora which
was not part of dylan?
No matter what I do when i the kernel to start it is always is looking for
UBIFS
my mmcrootfstype=ext3 rootwait and mmcroot/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
bootcmd="mmc rescan 0 ; fatload mmc 0:1 0x80008000 zImage; bootz 0x80008000"
when I execute manually it does  seem to like mmc rescan 0 sometimes
mmc rescan 0
mmc - MMC sub system

Usage:
mmc read addr blk# cnt
mmc write addr blk# cnt
mmc erase blk# cnt
mmc rescan
mmc part - lists available partition on    current    mmc device
mmc dev    [dev] [part] - show or set current mmc device [partition]
mmc list - lists available devices

mmc rescan works okay.

ThumbEE CPU extension supported.
VDVI: incomplete constraints, leaving on
VDAC: incomplete constraints, leaving on
UBI error: ubi_init: UBI error:    cannot initialize UBI, error -19
console [netcon0] enabled
netconsole: network logging started
twl_rtc    twl_rtc: setting system clock to 2000-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
(946684800)
ALSA device list:
  #0: omap3beagle
VFS: Cannot open root device "ubi0:rootfs" or unknown-block(0,0): error
-19
Please append a    correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
partitions:
VFS: Unable to mount root fs on    unknown-block(0,0)
User configuration error - no valid root filesystem found
Kernel panic - not syncing: Invalid configuration from end user    prevents
continu
ing
Thanks

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Rudolf Streif <rstreif at linuxfoundation.org