[yocto] uimage instead of zImage

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Oct 23 09:09:05 PDT 2013

Hi Edward,

This is what I have in the uEnv.txt file

> bootcmd=""
> bootfile="zImage"
> ethact=""
> loadaddr=""
> nandboot=""
> nandroot=""
> nandrootfstype=""
> nandargs=""
> loaduimage=""
> loaduimagefat=""
> nandboot=""
> mpurate="auto"
> bootcmd="mmc rescan ; fatload mmc 0:1 0x80300000 zImage; bootz 0x80300000"
>
> Why are you setting all the variables to "". You really only have to
overwrite the ones you need to change.

> dvimode="hd720 omapfb.vram=0:8M,1:4M,2:4M"
> optargs="consoleblank=0"
> console="ttyO2 console=tty0,115200n8"
> vram=16M
> saveenv
> printenv
>
> It appears that some of variable get written with other data ie vram I am
> setting to 16M but sometimes I see it set to 12M see at the end
> I have tried setting the variables manually and executing saveenv
> All the ones I don't want set setenv name and then saveenv
> still see the same values
> when I was using uImage and no
> this is what I used for my uEnv.txt
>
> mpurate=auto
>
> Are you still trying to solve the problem with the rootfs or is that
another problem?

> mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
> mmcrootfstype=ext3 rootwait

According to these settings your kernel is passed information to look for
an ext3 root file system on the second partition of the an SD card on
/dev/mmcblk0. Are you booting from an SD card? However, in your first boot
it seems to look for an ubifs.

I am not sure what you are looking for. Maybe you can attach an new boot
log.

:rjs