[yocto] perl module Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA

patrick patat patrick.patat at innotis.org
Tue Oct 22 06:48:26 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to create a recipe for perl module Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA, I'm using
inherit cpan to do it. Build and install is working but at run time I have
the following error:

Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.14.3//auto/Crypt/OpenSSL/RSA/RSA.so' for
module Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA:
/usr/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.14.3//auto/Crypt/OpenSSL/RSA/RSA.so: undefined
symbol: RSA_public_encrypt at /usr/lib/perl/5.14.3//.

After some research I found this in configure log :
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcrypto

Because of this -lcrypto as been remove in Makefile, if I manually edit
Makefile to add -lcrypto and rebuild I don't have undefined symbol error.

Does anybody know if there is a better way than a sed in Makefile to fix
the problem?

you can find the recipe here http://pastebin.com/u2fd9MJq

Thanks,

Pat