[yocto] uImage instead of zImage

Edward Vidal vidal.develone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 08:04:05 PDT 2013

hello all,
I am trying to get a uImage instead of zImage
My beagleboard before created a uImage now with dora I get a zImage.

in the mega-manual I see the following .
KERNEL_IMAGETYPE

The type of kernel to build for a device, usually set by the machine
configuration files and defaults to "zImage". This variable is used when
building the kernel and is passed to make as the target to build.
.
/home/vidal/POKY/build101613_dora/poky/meta/conf/machine/include/arm/arch-arm.inc
I have tried
KERNEL_IMAGETYPE ?= "uImage"
KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"
and nothing changes I still get a zImage.
Also tried in local.conf
Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks