[yocto] external variable

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 18 06:41:49 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

On Friday 18 October 2013 15:19:57 jan alexandru vaduva wrote:
> Is there any way of defining a variable into a recipe and use it in another.
> I tried: export VAR="value" but when I tested it`s existence in devshell it
> did not exist(echo $VAR).

No, this is not possible. The only way you can share data between recipes like
this is to write it into a file within the sysroot, or rely on it being
specified for both recipes at the configuration level (although you've suggested
the latter won't work for your situation).

Can you elaborate on what exactly you're trying to achieve?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton