[yocto] OPKG configuration questions

Glenn Schmottlach gschmottlach at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 05:04:53 PDT 2013

> On 17 October 2013 11:20, Glenn Schmottlach <gschmottlach at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Just out of curiosity, is it possible that you added "package-management"
>> > to IMAGE_FEATURES after you already had a successful full build? Or is
>> > it possible that you had already done a full build with "package_rpm" or
>> > "_deb" before switching to "package_ipk"?
>> >

>> I added "package-management" after a successful build.
>
> In that case, if you have the time, I would delete your tmp,
> sstate-cache, and cache directories, as well as your bitbake.lock and
> pseudodone files and rebuild. Does that make any difference?

Unbeknownst to me, the "init" script on the target platform was
mounting a tmpfs (ramdisk) filesystem over the top of "/var" thereby
hiding the fact that the opkg database had indeed been installed. So,
once I realized this it was clear why I wasn't see these files when
the target booted.

>> > The reason I ask is (although I never confirmed this definitively but) when
>> > I was playing with this stuff a while back I was sure that this package
>> > stuff
>> > would only get generated after adjusting these configurations when a full,
>> > clean build was performed (i.e. removing <tmpdir> and <sstate-cache>).
>
>> After manually copying the /var/lib/opkg to my target the opkg-cl
>> command now seems to "work". Unfortunately I'm running into difficulty
>> specifying a a new ipkg repo that is mounted via NFS from my
>> development machine. How would I make it scan there as well?
>
> I've never tried that before. But maybe if you created a file (on the
> target) called, for example, /etc/opkg/nfs.conf which contained:
>
>     src/gz nfs /path/to/nfs
>
> maybe that would work? Don't forget to perform an "# opkg update"
> after creating that file.

After some trial-and-error (and remembering to call opkg-cl update as
you suggested) I was able to get my alternative feed to work. So at
this point, I *think* I have it all figured out ;-)

Thanks to those on the list who offered their suggestions!