[yocto] Custom defconfig is not used

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 02:17:38 PDT 2013

2013/10/18 Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com>

> I fell behind today .. i had 2300 unread email to start this morning :)
> Is there a way that I can get a copy of your recipes and layers ? If
> I can do a build myself, I can easily debug and fix this .. otherwise,
> we'll
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruce

I'm using the environment provided by Angstrom from it's github setup
scripts.
If you want to exactly reproduce it you need to:

git clone https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
cd setup-scripts
git checkout angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4
MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh config beaglebone

Here is the setup and files for meta-mine:

bblayers.conf:

BBLAYERS = \"

${TOPDIR}/sources/meta-mine \
"

meta-mine/conf/layer.conf:

# We have a conf and classes directory, append to BBPATH
BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"
# We have a recipes directory, add to BBFILES
BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes*/*/*.bb ${LAYERDIR}/recipes*/*/*.bbappend"
BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "mine-layer"
BBFILE_PATTERN_mine-layer := "^${LAYERDIR}/"
BBFILE_PRIORITY_mine-layer = "10"
LAYERDEPENDS_mine-layer = "angstrom-layer"

meta-mine/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline_3.8.bbappend:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-3.8:"
inherit kernel
require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc
COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_beaglebone = "(beaglebone)"
SRC_URI += " file://config-addons.cfg "

meta-mine/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline-3.8/config-addons.cfg:

CONFIG_WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT=y
CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NTFS_RW=y

But I think that instead of using the whole Angstrom you can just use poky
and meta-beagleboard/common-bsp on dylan branch.

Regards,

--
*dS
Diego Sueiro