[yocto] Custom defconfig is not used

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 06:15:45 PDT 2013

2013/10/17 Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com>

>  I expected to get this working "out-of-box".
>>

> Did you do a  "bitbake -e <your kernel recipe>" ? and then look at
> the SRC_URI ? That will tell us if for some reason the beagle layer's
> defconfig is on there twice.

I'll do it after my current build gets finished.

>  Why config fragments did not worked too?
>>

> recipes must inherit linux-yocto to get that support, since it is
> optional and not something we force on all kernel recipes. So if you
> want fragment support, creating your own kernel recipe, based on the
> one in the layers you are using, which inherits linux-yocto is one
> route to take.

Can I do it on bbappend, or do I need to copy the entirely
linux-mainline_3.8.bb from meta-bleagleboard to my layer and add "inherit
linux-yocto"?
Do I need to "inherit linux-yocto", "require
recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc" or "inherit kernel-yocto"?
My concern is: if doing this to just have the config fragment feature, I'll
possibly mess up the kernel build.

Regards,

--
*dS