[yocto] Custom defconfig is not used

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 20:56:09 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Looking at log.do_unpack it shows:

> NOTE: Unpacking
> <...>/meta-beagleboard/common-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline-3.8/beaglebone/defconfig
> <...>/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-mainline/3.8.13-r23a/
>
> NOTE: Unpacking
> <...>/meta-mine/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline-3.8/mine.patch to
> <...>/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-mainline/3.8.13-r23a/
> NOTE: Unpacking
> <...>/meta-beagleboard/common-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline-3.8/beaglebone/defconfig
> <...>/build/tmp-angstrom_v2013_06-eglibc/work/beaglebone-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-mainline/3.8.13-r23a/
>

> Note that it copies defconfig from meta-beagleboard and in the end, instead
> copying mine, it is copying from meta-beagleboard again.
>
> My layer has the priority higher than meta-beagleboard.

I can't get at my machines to test this myself (technically I'm still
on vacation), but when you
dump the bitbake environment, how many defconfig's show up in the
SRC_URI ? It would be
easy enough in your bbapend to simply call your defconfig something
else (i.e. defconfig-mine)
and override/append to kernel_do_configure() to simply copy yours over
top of the .config,
regardless of what the fetcher is doing with the SRC_URI.

Bruce

> Abraços,
>
> --
> *dS
> Diego Sueiro
>
> Administrador do Embarcados
> www.embarcados.com.br
>
> Engenheiro de Controle e Automação
> UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DE ITAJUBÀ
>

> /*long live rock 'n roll*/
>

> 2013/10/16 Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com>
>>
>> Guys,
>>
>> As I told before, I already tried the config fragment strategy and it did
>> not worked too.
>>
>> Looking at linux-mailine-3.8.bb from meta-beagleboard[1] it just inherits
>> kernel and not inherits linux-yocto or requires linux-yocto.inc. So I
>> believe that the config fragment will not work. But I can be wrong.
>>
>> On directory "meta-mine/recipes-kernel/linux/" I have this:
>>
>> .
>> ├── files
>> │   ├── mine.patch
>> │   └── defconfig
>> └── linux-mainline_3.8.bbappend
>>

>> And my linux-mainline_3.8.bbappend recipe:
>>
>> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
>> SRC_URI += " file://mine.patch \
>>              file://defconfig \
>>              "
>>
>> The mine.patch is applied but defconfig not.
>>
>> I've already tried to use another FILESEXTRAPATHS layout like[2],but no
>> success too.
>>
>> How can I have the "bb" command listed on the following link?
>> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/OE_FILESEXTRAPATHS
>>

>> [1] -
>> https://github.com/beagleboard/meta-beagleboard/blob/dylan/common-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline_3.8.bb
>> [2] -
>> http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-handheld/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.10.bbappend
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> *dS
>> Diego Sueiro
>>
>> /*long live rock 'n roll*/
>>

>> 2013/10/15 Andrea Adami <andrea.adami at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I guess you're setting a wrong FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend :=
>>> "${THISDIR}/files:"
>>>
>>> See this example, using simple defconfig for some devices and an
>>> experimental configuration (WIP ;) fo others using fragments.
>>>

>>> http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-handheld/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.10.bbappend
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Andrea

thee at its end"