[yocto] Custom defconfig is not used

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 10:25:38 PDT 2013

Guys,

As I told before, I already tried the config fragment strategy and it did
not worked too.

Looking at linux-mailine-3.8.bb from meta-beagleboard[1] it just inherits
kernel and not inherits linux-yocto or requires linux-yocto.inc. So I
believe that the config fragment will not work. But I can be wrong.

On directory "meta-mine/recipes-kernel/linux/" I have this:

.
├── files
│   ├── mine.patch
│   └── defconfig
└── linux-mainline_3.8.bbappend

And my linux-mainline_3.8.bbappend recipe:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += " file://mine.patch \
             file://defconfig \
             "

The mine.patch is applied but defconfig not.

I've already tried to use another FILESEXTRAPATHS layout like[2],but no
success too.

How can I have the "bb" command listed on the following link?
http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/OE_FILESEXTRAPATHS

[1] -
 https://github.com/beagleboard/meta-beagleboard/blob/dylan/common-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline_3.8.bb
[2] -