[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project 1.5 release readiness review - 10/16/2013

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Wed Oct 16 09:14:06 PDT 2013

Attendees:
Saul, Richard, Dave, AlexG, Corneliu, AlexD, Denys, Jessica, Rich Schmitt, Tom, IonutC, Mark, Paul, Matthew, ScottR, Nitin, Song

Release Criteria review:
1.      Functional completion: all high features should complete.
a.      3847: can create images, but cannot boot. A patch is available to help the boot. Working on using Pseudo to help with the booting too. We have fixes lined up, we know the issues. Release note this.
b.      4079: works for RPM but not for IPK. Remaining issue is targeted for a point release. Release note this.
c.      4072: mis-communication. Resolved. Feature is in. OK with this not being formally verified. WRS verified their own usage.
2.      Open Bugs: No high bugs opened against the release
a.      ADT had some issues. Failing to compile on 64-bit machine. For the release we worked around it.We need to document this.  Not a problem for Wind River. Freescale is fine with this too. Release note this.
b.      Issues with BeagleBoardXM. Need to release note it.
3.      Build and release: pass
4.      Performance: there is some up and downs during the release. Overall, there is no significant degradation.
5.      Functional tests, documentation, package update, upstream commits, BSP testing, etc. are fine, met target.

Decision: No technical issues blocking the release. Release note all key issues, send the release note to CCB for approval.

Action Items
1.      Richard will send Song the workaround for ADT.
2.      Tom will send the summary for 3847 issues to Song.
3.      Song will put together the release note and send to CCB for approval and follow up with the release.