[yocto] fetch from perforce

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 15 15:34:39 PDT 2013

Hi Katu,

On Tuesday 15 October 2013 20:52:15 Katu Txakur wrote:
> can someone please give me an example of fetching the code from perforce?
> I want to map files from perforce and put them in a different tree
> structure in the workspace before compiling it. I also need to set user and
> password.
> I failed to find an example online and I don't understand the perforce
> script enough to guess the way to call it.

I have zero experience with perforce or fetching from it with a recipe, but
looking at the fetcher code (bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/perforce.py) it looks like
the SRC_URI syntax is:

p4://user:password:host:port at path

Unfortunately it looks like you also need to set FETCHCOMMAND_p4 in your
configuration as well since there is no default for this. Something like
"/usr/bin/env p4" might work.

Cheers,
Paul

--