[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Oct 15 14:56:02 PDT 2013

Attendees:
Nitin, Cristian, AlexG, Matthew, Paul, ScottR, Saul, TomZ, JeffP, Richard, Jessica, Ross, Mark, MichaelH, Beth, Denys, Darren, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.5 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.5_Status

  . We had a 1.5 RC build last week. Likely to be our last 1.5 RC. QA is running full pass on it. Had some problems with ADT, ADT got rebuilt, issues are not release blockers.
  . WDD stabilized, performance seem fine so far.
  . Will schedule 1.5 release readiness meeting for Wednesday morning U.S. pacific time.
  . There are patches for the tar issue in master.,
* SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Cristian Iorga
* Opens - 10 min
  - Jessica: Toaster
    . Code name for webhob. Due to issues of webhob, it did not manage to go in for 1.5. We will release to the community to give people early access. It's a standalone release targeting first week of November.
    . ScottR: have a clean name change throughout the code and docs. Code, directory, wiki have been changed. Mailing list needs to be changed. (Michael will do that). Needs to announce it for others to change the filters before changing the name. A couple of days to change this. Thanks, Michael!

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - Mark: preparing for the ELCE, presentation is on SPDX Yocto project. U of Omaha, created a project using fossology. Doing testing for this presentation. Working well, approaching the point of being usable. Fossology server is quite slow. Progress has been made. If you are interested, please let me or Beth know. Prototype of SPDX generation is in 1.5.
  - RP: strange issue with for bug #5133, gcc garage collector had some issues. Got this issue nailed down.
  - Corneliu: There was an intern who finished his work a few months ago. A light weight web interface for HOB, he's working on his project and he likes what he is doing. New user oriented mainly. Hope we can give him some help. He's not on the mailing list. Encouraging him to get on the mailing list.
  - Michael: prep work on infrastructure switching is taking backseat due to dev day prep. Working on build time chart.