[yocto] Custom defconfig is not used

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Oct 15 14:49:17 PDT 2013

Diego,

You are appending a kernel recipe that uses the Linux Yocto tooling. The
defconfig is essentially comprised of many different pieces from the meta
branch of the Yocto kernel repository and optional configuration fragments
that you provide. This tooling will not recognize a defconfig file you
provide but it does recognize configuration fragments to be added to
.config.

You need to put

CONFIG_WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT=y

into a file that ends with .cfg eg. watchdog.cfg and then modify your
bbappend to

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += " file://0019-mine.patch \
             file://watchdog.cfg \
             "

Rudi