[yocto] Custom defconfig is not used

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 14:07:46 PDT 2013

Folks,

I created the following bbapend recipe for linux-mainline_3.8.bb (from
meta-beagleboard on dylan branch) for beaglebone.
meta-mine/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline_3.8.bbappend:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += " file://0019-mine.patch \
             file://defconfig \
             "

But the defconfig and .config files on ${S} and ${WORKDIR} used are from
meta-beagleboad, not from my bbappend.

I tried to follow the instructions to add config fragments on the page
below but it did not worked too.
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html#changing-the-configuration

The strange thing is: My patch is applied but my defconfig, or config
fragment is not used.
I just want to add CONFIG_WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT=y.

I already did a cleasstate but no success.

Any hints?

Regards,

--
*dS