[yocto] yocto-autobuilder: Nightly build not building nightly

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Oct 14 08:43:49 PDT 2013

Elizabeth,

I added the following to my buildset configuration:

scheduler: [{'nightly-scheduler' :
                {'type':'Nightly',
                 'hour':'2',
                 'minute':'0',}}]

And I restarted the autobuilder ("./yocto-stop-autobuilder both" and
  "./yocto-start-autobuilder both" from the command line).  Now when
I go to the waterfall display for my autobuilder it shows the current
for my buildset as "waiting next in ~14 hrs 27 min at 2:00".  I'll
see if the build triggers okay tomorrow, but it looks hopeful.  If
I get impatient I may change the build time to later today.

I'll also note that the hour and minute parameter were required for
the scheduler to work.  If I didn't set these values, the autobuilder
failed to start.  I'll post a patch to update the documentation to note
that these values are required.

And for completeness, here is my nightly build config as it stands
right now:

[nightly-foo]
builders: 'builder1'
repos: [{'poky':
            {'repourl':'git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky',
	         'layerversion':{'core':'meta', 'yoctobsp':'meta-yocto-bsp'},
             'branch':'dylan'}},
        {'meta-atmel':
            {'repourl':'git://github.com/evensonbryan/meta-atmel',
             'branch':'master'}},
        {'meta-openembedded':
            {'repourl':'git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded',
             'branch':'dylan'}}]
steps: [{'SetDest':{}},
        {'CheckOutLayers': {}},
        {'RunPreamble': {}},
        {'GetDistroVersion' : {'distro': 'poky'}},
        {'CreateAutoConf': {'machine': 'at91sam9x5ek', 'SDKMACHINE' : 'i686', 'distro': 'poky', 'buildhistory': True}},
        {'CreateBBLayersConf': {'buildprovider' : 'yocto', 'layerdirs':
            ['meta-atmel', 'meta-openembedded/meta-oe', 'meta-openembedded/meta-networking']}},
        {'BuildImages': {'images': 'core-image-minimal'}},
        {'SyncPersistDB' : {'commit' : True, 'distro':'poky'}},
        {'PublishLayerTarballs':{}},
        {'PublishArtifacts': {'artifacts': ['at91sam9x5ek', 'ipk']}}]
scheduler: [{'nightly-scheduler' :
                {'type':'Nightly',
                 'hour':'2',
                 'minute':'0',}}]