[yocto] Yocto Project 1.5_M5.rc6

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gna.org
Thu Oct 10 19:08:03 PDT 2013

On 11/10/13 14:55, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for the top post here. The real reason we still have Qt3 is because
>> it's required part of the LSB spec.  OE-Core contains Qt4 and we know that
>> meta-qt5 exists from Otavio and Martin.
>>
>> I know that Richard and Paul have been watching what's going on with
>> meta-qt5.
>
> The biggest missing feature at meta-qt5 is the lacking of toolchain
> support; I am still looking for someone to sponsor me to work on this
> (as it is not a small task), a critical need from my side for it or
> someone step on and do it :)

Yes, and ideally it would be nice if this toolchain would be easy to use
with QtCreator.
Some weeks ago, I had a look at writing a Yocto plugin for QtCreator
(using Danny/Qt4), and the biggest problem was how you "activate" the
toolchain, sourcing the env setup is good when you work in a shell, but
it would be better if the toolchain comes with a machine friendly
manifest file, this would allow as well to use several yocto toolchains
(eg, for different architectures/machines) from within QtCreator.

My 2 cents.

Chris