[yocto] ${libdir} usage

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 10 03:01:53 PDT 2013

Hi Jay,

On Wednesday 02 October 2013 00:02:11 JC wrote:
> I'm currently putting together a bunch of recipes to install some cpan
> modules. I had some complaints by bitbake about files being installed
> but not shipped.
>
> I figured that I need to populate FILES_{PN} but I'm not clear about
> what I should do with it: use ${libdir}, use "usr/*" ? Knowing that my
> image(s) directories mostly contain usr/lib/perl/* and sometimes usr/bin/*

Ultimately it depends on how those files have ended up there. If files have been
installed in in /usr/lib because they've been installed in ${libdir} (this is
the default for all autotooled recipes), then you should also use ${libdir} to
match in FILES in case that value changes - some distros do this to flatten out
/usr altogether for example.

Cheers,
Paul

--