[yocto] is there any value to the documentation that comes with bitbake?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 10 02:10:29 PDT 2013

Hi Robert,

On Thursday 10 October 2013 04:42:07 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   probably more of a bitbake question but in the bitbake checkout,
> there is a "doc" directory that contains what is clearly an old user
> manual. is there any value to this manual? it's noticeably out of
> date, and i know more bitbake content is being added into the yocto
> manuals.
>
>   so is there any value at all in that bitbake user manual? or is it
> unmaintained these days?

I think there is value in it even in the state you see it in master; there is
documentation on basic BitBake usage/operation that isn't actually covered by
any of the Yocto Project manuals.

Having said that, we are currently in the process of updating and extending
the BitBake manual. We didn't have a chance to finish doing so for 1.5 but will
get it done for 1.6.

Cheers,
Paul

--