[yocto] Qt + phonon + iMX codecs

Jose Mª Ferreiro jose.ferreiro at horus.es
Wed Oct 9 09:48:09 PDT 2013

Hello

Here: iMX6Q Sabre Lite board + yocto - dylan+ linux-imx

One of our Qt tests is an application with four videos played by phonon.
When we tried to make it work, we saw only one video working.

Looking for a solution we found the file
0001-Add-support-for-i.MX-codecs-to-phonon.patch at
  dylan/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4 directory. It used only
mfw_v4lsink.

We changed  "mfw_v4lsink" references to "mfw_isink" (agressive, I know,
but I was desperate)  ... and it worked. We had four videos on window.

Now, we are testing dora. Theres is another patch but the previous doing
does not get the same result. I would say there are allocation memory
problems and not all the videos are working. Sometimes one play,
sometimes three, never four.

Can you give me any advice about how to add isink codec to phonon
backend? or is it  being done now?

Thank you and best regards,
Jose