[yocto] TtyUsb Yocto Issue

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 9 06:07:06 PDT 2013

On Wednesday 09 October 2013 05:36:37 Jawad Hassan wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, but we're not seeing any ttyUSB* entries in the /dev
> folder, the board is this one here:
> http://boundarydevices.com/products/nitrogen6_lite/

I have no personal experience with this board I'm afraid.

> Which should have at least one port available for connection.
>
> But unfortunately we aren't seeing this device node. What should be our way
> forward with this?

I would assume either the kernel is not configured to enable the driver for
these devices, or udev is not configured to create the appropriate device
nodes.

I think perhaps the best thing would be to talk to someone who has worked on
the support for this specific hardware. You might try asking about this on the
meta-fsl-arm list.

Cheers,
Paul

--