[yocto] How to patch sysroots file?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 22:22:50 PDT 2013

On Oct 7, 2013, at 6:53 AM, Ashish Dalela <ashish.dalela at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build bridge-utils. During compilation, I get the error:
>
> /scratch/adalela/yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/qemux86/usr/include/linux/if_bridge.h:172:20: error: field 'ip6' has incomplete typeIn file included from ../libbridge/libbridge.h:24:0

if you are using dylan/1.4 branch or master then we use kernel 3.8 for kernel-headers and there was an issue where
include/uapi/linux/if_bridge.h that uses a struct in6_addr but doesn't define it, you could fix the headers but
thats not sufficient. At this point I would suggest to patch bridge-utils itself to include netinet/in.h to get
the definition before including linux/if_bridge.h in file libbridge/libbridge.h that should get you around the issue.