[yocto] How to patch sysroots file?

Ashish Dalela ashish.dalela at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 06:53:20 PDT 2013

I am trying to build bridge-utils. During compilation, I get the error:

/scratch/adalela/yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/qemux86/usr/include/linux/if_bridge.h:172:20:
error: field 'ip6' has incomplete typeIn file included from
../libbridge/libbridge.h:24:0

But, I don't see matching file paths in git path and sysroots locations.

In sysroots path:
.../build/tmp/sysroots/qemux86
$ find . -name if_bridge.h
./usr/include/linux/if_bridge.h

In GIT path:
.../build/tmp/work/qemux86-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.8.11+git*/linux
$ find . -name if_bridge.h
./include/uapi/linux/if_bridge.h
./include/linux/if_bridge.h

./usr/include/linux/if_bridge.h and ./include/uapi/linux/if_bridge.h are
almost identical, except of #ifdef.

I can manually patch the files and the compilation is successful. But I
don't know how to create the patch file for the sysroots file, because the
GIT path does not have the same file.

So my question is: from where is the sysroots file coming? How should I
generate the patch file for the sysroots ./usr/include/linux/if_bridge.h?

Thanks
-Ashish