[yocto] meta-toolchain-qt with Qt Creator

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 04:18:00 PDT 2013

2013/10/7 Laurentiu Palcu <laurentiu.palcu at intel.com>

> Hi Diego,
> It's a little more complicated than that. After building the toolchain,
> all binaries have the default absolute path to the dynamic loader
> (/opt/poky/...) hardcoded in the elf INTERP section. This is easy to
> change. However, other binaries may or may not have other hardcoded
> paths to search for different things (like configs, etc.). Most of these
> could be easily fixed by providing the binary with an option or setting
> an environment variable to instruct it where to find what it needs. Take
> for example the gcc --sysroot option. By default gcc will search for the
> sysroot in the default location (starting with /opt/poky), but providing
> a --sysroot option, we override this default path.
>
> So, even though, for relocation, changing the INTERP section may suffice
> for most of the binaries, some may need more tweaking.
>
> A quick search on google brought me to this page:
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qmake-environment-reference.html
>
> It turns out that QMAKESPEC environment variable is what QT creator
> looks at to be able to locate qmake.conf. So, perhaps, we need to add
> this to the environment file and the problem should be fixed...
>
> Can you please test this?
>
> Thanks,
> Laurentiu

Laurentiu,

Thanks for the explanation.

I took a look at environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi file
and it is already exporting the QMAKESPEC variable to the right path.
Maybe this variable is overridden by another one or by Qt Creator based on
some INTERP.

I did a "grep -r \/poky\/1\.4\.2 ./*" on the toolchain (installed outside
default path) and this is the results:

http://pastebin.com/us9p5vVp

Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to track this.

Regards,

--
*dS
Diego Sueiro