[yocto] Creating a custom mips64 layer using yocto-bsp

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Fri Oct 4 05:58:45 PDT 2013

On 13-10-04 04:15 AM, Stoicescu, CorneliuX wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a custom mips64 layer for a project. I am using
> the “yocto-bsp” command to make the magic happen. Unfortunately, the
> tool only supports creating layers for mips (32 bit) architecture. So I
> tried a little magic of my own and I changed a line in
> meta-my_layer/conf/machine/my_layer.conf from:
>
> /require conf/machine/include/tune-mips.inc/
>
> //
>
> /to/
>
> //
>
> /require conf/machine/include/tune-mips64.inc/
>
> When building, it fails at linux-yocto task do_package with a lot of
> errors like:
>
> ERROR: QA Issue: Bit size did not match (64 to 32) linux-yocto on
> /work/mipstest-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.10.11+gitAUTOINC+dad2b7e1ce_e1aa804148-r0.1/packages-split/kernel-module-sch-codel/lib/modules/3.10.11-yocto-standard/kernel/net/sched/sch_codel.ko
>
> I believe that means the modules still think they should be 32 bit but
> are not. Can anyone help me with my issue?

Did you check the kernel configuration ? Since the BSP tool didn't allow
you to use the 64 bit qemumips base, you got the 32 bit BSP. So it will
definitely build 32 bit modules, which gets you your warning.

Check the generated machine files, search for qemumips32 and mti-malta32
and switch them to the 64 bit variants.

Bruce