[yocto] Install Kernel Modules in rootfs

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Oct 3 05:38:01 PDT 2013

On 13-10-03 08:34 AM, Raul Rosetto Munoz wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm Trying to install the kernel modules inside my rootfs but I couldn't
> find an especific information that help me to do that!
>
> I have in my /tmp/images/ the tgz with all the modules that I need.
>
> modules--2.6.35.3-r32.23-imx28evk-20131002210958.tgz
>
> I just want that this tzg was extracted inside my rootfs /lib/modules.
>
> Please some one can help me with this?

Does your image type have a RDEPENDS on "kernel-modules", or do you
have IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " kernel-modules", in your local.conf ?

If you do either of the above, the entire set of built modules will
be installed.

You can also install / require individual modules via
kernel-module-<module name>.

The Yocto docs should have details on this as well.

Cheers,

Bruce