[yocto] Provide sftp-client support in yocto

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue Oct 1 07:30:48 PDT 2013

Amit Tomer <amittomer25 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Yes Anders, I can see openssh-sftp folder inside
>"tmp/work/fkm-poky-linux-gnueabi/openssh/6.1p1-r3/packages-split".But
>its empty one.

Ok, then the sftp binary should have been packaged into openssh-sftp. The question is then why your package is being empty.

You said that the sftp binary was available in tmp/work/fkm-poky-linux-gnueabi/openssh/6.1p1-r3/package/usr/bin, cab you so find out there?

Do you get any clue from the packaging log as to why openssh-sftp is empty?

If you run 'bitbake openssh -e' and search for FILES_openssh-sftp, what does it tell you?

In which directory under packages-split can you find sftp?

>DISTRO            = "poky"
>
>DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.4.2"

It should work.

Unless there something that overrides the packaging (and splitting) step in any other layer you might have configured.

I won't be able to run any tests on my own until early next week. If necessary, I hope that someone else might be able to help you until then.

Cheers,
Anders

Laxholmstorget 3        Email: anders at chargestorm.se
602 21 Norrköping       Web: www.chargestorm.se