[yocto] Fwd: FW: Creating BSP without using git

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Tue Oct 1 06:01:13 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 11:48 +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> >             I need to create a local BSP layer using Yocto-bsp
> create command without the use of Git.
> >

> > yocto-bsp create mylayers qemu -s
> >
> > Which qemu architecture would you like to use? [default: i386]
> >
> >             1) i386    (32-bit)
> >
> >             2) x86_64  (64-bit)
> >
> >             3) ARM     (32-bit)
> >
> >             4) PowerPC (32-bit)
> >
> >             5) MIPS    (32-bit)
> >
> > 3
> >
> > Would you like to use the default (3.8) kernel? (y/n) [default: y] y
> >
> > Do you need a new machine branch for this BSP (the alternative is to
> re-use an existing branch)? [y/n] [default: y] n
> >
> > Getting branches from remote repo
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.8.git...

You can use the -i param with JSON to feed it the answers you want to
give it, and then it won't try to generate and display a branch list,
etc.

>From the help:

yocto-bsp create <bsp-name> <karch> [-o <DIRNAME> | --outdir <DIRNAME>]
        [-i <JSON PROPERTY FILE> | --infile <JSON PROPERTY_FILE>]

The BSP-specific properties that define the values that will be
    used to generate a particular BSP can be specified on the
    command-line using the -i option and supplying a JSON object
    consisting of the set of name:value pairs needed by the BSP.

    If the -i option is not used, the user will be interactively
    prompted for each of the required property values, which will then
    be used as values for BSP generation.

    The set of properties available for a given architecture can be
    listed using the 'yocto-bsp list' command.