[yocto] Provide sftp-client support in yocto

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue Oct 1 01:47:07 PDT 2013

* Amit Tomer <amittomer25 at gmail.com> [131001 09:53]:

> I am new to OpenEmbedded Yocto project and have a requirement to provide
> sftp-client support on my target board.

> Sftp-server bins are already packed into final image and is installed at

> tmp/work/fkm-poky-linux-gnueabi/openssh/6.1p1-r3/package/usr/lib/openssh/
> sftp-server

Yes, that's correct. The server should be installable by adding
openssh-sftp-server to your image. (Though, I guess you already figured
this one out).

> Now ,same way Do I have to install stfp client bins also or is there any other
> way to go about it??

It's already being installed to a package named openssh-sftp. Thus, it
should be enough to add openssh-sftp to your image.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander