[yocto] Errors with update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/XXX exists during rc.d purge (use -f to force)

Richard Leitner - SKIDATA Richard.Leitner at skidata.com
Wed Nov 27 08:02:38 PST 2013

Hi Paul,
good to hear I'm not the only one suffering from this issue...
No, I've received no response on the mailing list yet, but maybe someone has a hint for us now?

The only "workaround" I found is to purge the package and afterwards install the new version.
I know this is a really dirty workaround, but it's the only "solution" I found.

Have you discovered any other workarounds, Paul?

regards
Richard