[yocto] Is it possible to include a "SDK host" gcc/g++ in SDK

Andreas.Kaufmann at jenoptik.com Andreas.Kaufmann at jenoptik.com
Tue Nov 26 06:17:55 PST 2013

Hi,

for an embedded project employing an SDK generated by "-c populate_sdk" we
need to include a "host" compiler for the host running the SDK. The
background here is that the package/software to be built with the SDK is
building it's own generators at the beginning running them on the SDK host.
I already know that a possible solution would be to build the generators on
it's own in the "nativesdk" variant and deploy them alongside the SDK. But
for a lot of reasons i would prefer to avoid this. I would rather prefer to
include 2 compilers in the SDK, the target compiler for the embedded device
as well as a host compiler able to build executables for the host running
the SDK. Is this possible? If so any pointers to examples or code inside
Yocto/poky would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Andreas Kaufmann

JENOPTIK  l  Traffic Solutions