[yocto] stupid question about post-installation scripts

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Nov 25 09:41:58 PST 2013

Robert,

Everyone else please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the package management tool checks if postinst completed successfully.  The postinst script for a package can run either 1) during image creation, 2) during bootup or 3) during package installation/upgrade.  If postinst for a package has not yet completed successfully, then the package management tool will try to run the postinst script for that package at the next triggerable event.

-Bryan