[yocto] Proxy server related package fetching issues

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Thu Nov 21 10:22:27 PST 2013

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
For my group, I keep a separate git repository updated with all the required sources. I update the sources offline and set bitbake to not use the network. You can usually download the required sources from the yocto project mirror.
--
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Chris Morgan
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:54 PM
To: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto] Proxy server related package fetching issues

Hello.

I've been working to build an angstrom build and have had some issues with our corporate proxy server blocking the fetching of some packages, either because of the protocol/port or because the site was for some reason flagged. In my case it took several hours to determine that the failure wasn't due to a missing file, I tried on another network connection and everything worked.

I'm posting here to see if anyone has had similar experience and if so, any details you'd be willing to provide, how you detected/debugged the issue and how long it took, and how you resolved the issue.

Thanks,
Chris